- Vitamin B12 Tablets are administered in case of Vitamin B12 deficiency.
- It is used to prevent this deficiency and to treat Pernicious Anemia which is caused due to the deficiency of this vitamin.
- It is available in the form of tablets of different strengths, oral solution, gel and injectable form as well.
- Although safe when taken by mouth, however there are some precautions that should be taaken care of-
- It is advisable that Vitamin B12 Tablets should NOT be taken by Pregnant and Breast feeding mothers. Although it can be taken in smaller amounts on the advise of your doctor.
- People suffering from Leber's disease should not take this.
- People allergic to cobalamin or cobalt should avoid taking B12 supplement.
Vitamin B12 interacts with Chloramphenicol which might decrease new blood cells.