What is CPM?
CPM, or Continuous Passive Motion, is a postoperative procedure designed to aid in recovery after joint surgery. After extensive joint surgery, if a patient fails to move their joint tissue around, the joint will become stiff and scar tissue will form, resulting in a joint with limited range of motion, which often takes months of physical therapy to recover.
What CPM does:
Passive range of motion means that the joint is moved without the patient's muscles being used. Continuous passive motion devices are used after surgery, both in the hospital and in the home.
The motorized CPM device gradually moves the affected joint through a prescribed arc of motion for an extended period of time.
Clinical Benefits of CPM significantly accelerate recovery time by decreasing:
• Soft tissue stiffness
• Increasing range of motion
• Promoting healing of joint surfaces and soft tissue
• Preventing the development of motion-limiting adhesions (scar tissue)
Optiflex3 separates itself from others:
• The OptiFlex 3 CPM continues to set new standards in CPM function and design
• The open-frame architecture is not only visually appealing but also therapeutically functional
• The ultra-wide carriage is engineered to accommodate the normal knee patient, as well as the large size adult, the athlete and even pediatric patients
• The OptiFlex 3 incorporates several new innovations that will increase patient comfort, compliance and treatment outcomes
Features & Benefits:
- Easy-toread backlit display
- On-board power supply along with surface mount electronics to maximize reliability
- Force Reversal safety feature lets you safely set amount of passive force without causing unnecessary post-surgical pain
- Wide carriage - 11" (28 cm) from center of carriage
- Independent delay time
- Patient lockout feature
- Universal left/right design
- Patient compliance/usage meter
- Quick conversion from adult to pediatric
- Two-year warranty
- Patented Features:
- Progressive ROM™ Auto ROM Increase: Eliminates time consuming adjustments by automatically increasing daily range of motion.
- Oscillation Zone™ ROM Stretch Repeat: Allows more time spent in the “active” or “working” range of motion.
- Fast Back™ ROM Accelerator: Accelerates through nonworking ROM while knee spends more time in “active” range of motion.
- Comfort Zone™ ROM Limiter: Addresses patient pain threshold by providing therapy at a reduced flexion angle limit.
|Speed:||30° - 150°/minute|
|Pauses:||0 - 30 seconds|
|Force Reversal:||35 - 75 lb (16 - 34 kg)|
|Maximum Patient Weight:||350 lb (159 kg)|
|Calf Length Range (knee joint to sole of foot):||10" - 23.5" (25.4 - 59.7 cm)|
|Thigh Length Range:||12" - 19" (30.5 - 48.3 cm)|
|Mains Power:||100 - 240 V, 50/60 Hz|
|Unit Weight:||27 lb (12 kg)|
|Shipping Weight:||41 lb (18.6 kg)|
|Length:||37" (94 cm)|
|Electrical Safety Class:||Class 1, Type B|
|Safety Tests:||UL/IEC/EN 60601-1, IEC/EN 60601-1-2:2001|