Voltaren Extra Strength (Arthritis, Muscle Pain, Joint Pains)
Voltaren Extra Strength creates a pool of diclofenac gel under the skin. The gel infiltrates and targets the inflamed tissue to create a defensive wall. It blocks the pain from affecting the joints. The fortification around the affected tissue helps to ease pain and inflammation.
What is Voltaren extra strength 2.32% gel?
Voltaren with 2.32 percent diclofenac diethylamine is a gel slowly rubbed directly into your skin to help keep your muscles and joints pain-free for up to 12 hours. The gel relieves muscle pains, aches, or sports injuries. It contains diclofenac diethylamine, a steroid-free drug released slowly on the affected area and works two times faster than the regular strength of 1.1 percent.
What are the types of Voltaren Emulgel?
- One gram of the Regular Strength includes 11.6 mg/g of diclofenac diethylamine.
- Voltaren gel extra strength has 23.2 mg/g of the active ingredient diclofenac diethylamine in one gram.
- The regular gel comes in easy-to-identify blue and purple tubes.
- The Voltaren extra strength comes in white and blue packaging for identification, and the package has a written label "12 hours extra strength."
- The Voltaren joint pain extra strength comes in a similar box as the extra strength. The noticeable difference is the easy open cap and the written label, which states "Joint Pain" written on a blue background with white ink.
When to use Voltaren Extra Strength?
The recommended use of Voltaren extra strength is twice daily. It works on pain associated with acute, localized muscle or joint injuries (e.g., sprain of the ankle, the stress of shoulder or back muscles).
How does Voltaren emulgel help recover?
Diclofenac gel is a key ingredient, and it is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that intercepts the production of certain substances, called prostaglandins, which produce pain and inflammation.
The gel is soaked via the skin and slowly over time, creating a pool of diclofenac diethylamine under it with regular use. The gel is then discharged gradually over time to reduce pain and inflammation.
How to Apply Voltaren Emulgel Extra Strength?
For adults between 18 and 65, apply 2 grams of gel twice daily to your affected joints or muscles.
Read the instructions carefully or consult a pharmacist or a doctor before using this gel.
What is more effective, diclofenac sodium topical gel (NSAID) vs oral medication?
Only 6 to 20% of the diclofenac 2.32 gel gets absorbed in the skin, meaning it takes a little longer to work with regular usage. The medicines will target the affected area directly but have side effects.
Voltaren Emulgel is a prescription strength but is available as an otc in Canada. Diclofenac gel (Voltaren extra strength) price is much lower than oral prescription medicines.
My horse suffers from aches and pains. Will Voltaren extra strength help?
The answer is yes, it does, but we recommend you speak with your vet before using it. Avoid using human medicines on your pets.