Caya Gel (contraceptive gel) used with Diaphragm
Caya Gel is a contraceptive gel used with the Caya diaphragm or any silicone diaphragm, condoms or cervical caps to reduce the ph level of vaginal fluid. Combining Caya Gel and the diaphragm reduces the odds of getting pregnant.
- Application By applying Caya gel with other forms of female contraception, such as diaphragms, an extra physical wall is built in front of the cervix resulting in a decreased PH of vaginal fluid.
- Natural Ingredients: Caya Gel is made with natural ingredients like lactic acid, found generally in fruits and vegetables.
- pH Balancing: The lactic acid in Caya Gel helps to lower the pH value of vaginal mucus, making the sperm docile and ineffective for reproduction.
- Enhanced Barrier: When used with the Caya diaphragm, the gel helps strengthen the barrier wall against sperm, providing a dual mechanism of contraception.
- Water-based: As a water-based gel, it does not irritate and is compatible with latex and silicone-based contraceptives, including condoms and diaphragms.
- Nonoxynol-9 Free: Unlike multiple standard spermicides, Caya Gel does not contain nonoxynol-9, which can cause irritation and discomfort.
- CE-Marked: This mark ensures that Caya gel meets the European Economic Area (EEA) health and safety standards.
Always consult your family physician or gynecologist for the best birth control method to make your choice.