Aircast Cryo Cuff for Knee (A complete kit for recovering from knee injuries and post-op surgery)
Cryo cuff knee from Aircast reduces inflammation and pain in the knee joint by combining water and intermittent air compression after a painful surgery or recovering from a knee injury while performing other activities. The technology uses a velcro cryo cuff attached to an insulated tube through which cold water circulates in and out of the Aircast IC cooler. Cold water therapy reduces muscle spasms and pain, increases the range of motion, lowers swelling in joints, and encourages faster recovery.
- Cold Therapy: The cryo cuff knee filled with cold water helps the helps in reducing pain, swelling and inflammation.
- Compression: The motor in the lid of the Aircast Ic Cooler is instrumental in pumping air into the outside compartment of the cryo cuff to compress the affected knee and create intermittent compression.
- Anatomical Design: The velcro on the knee Aircast Cryo Cuff adjusts to fits the knee joint for maximum coverage and effectiveness.
- Insulated Cuff: The insulation in the cuff keeps the water cold and maintains low temperatures for extended periods.
- Easy to Use: The knee cryo cuff can be disconnected quickly, making it easy to remove the cuff or wrap it around the knee as needed.
- Portable: The cryo cuff device is very lightweight and portable. It makes it convenient for use at home, in the clinic, or on the go.
- Durable: The knee wrap is made with high-quality material and is long-lasting.
- Whisper-Quiet Motor: The integrated pneumatic pump in the cooler's lid is quiet, making it easy on your ears.
What is Cold Water Therapy?
Cold water therapy uses ice and cold baths to promote quick recovery from athletic training, post-operative trauma, and other injuries.
What is cryotherapy for the Knees?
This Aircast cryo cuff helps you recover from knee-related injuries by combining water and ice and applying air compression to the affected area. This dual effect of cold water and air compression helps the tissues around your knee heal faster. This treatment helps quicker recovery from swelling, bursitis, tendonitis, inflammation, and muscle & joint strains. It helps recover your range of motion and decreases scarring.
How does the IC Cooler rotate water through a single hose?
Place the IC water cooler on a table to fill the cuff with cold water. The cooler's IC function pumps the air in the cuff's outer wall to create intermittent compression. When the water temperature in the knee wrap starts to get warmer, lower the cooler for water to flow back into the IC cooler. The insulated disk on the ice in the cooler keeps the water cold enough to last for 6 to 8 hours, and repetition of this process helps quickly recover.
What do I get in my motorized unit for cryo cuff knee?
The kit includes the following:
- Aircast IC cooler.
- One cryo cuff knee.
- An insulated water hose.
- One Insulation disk.
Aircast Motorized Cooler and Gravity feed cooler both look the same. Where do I find the magical motor?
A hidden compartment in the lid of the Aircast IC cooler contains the motor. Use the cord at the bottom of the packaging to hook the unit to the wall to create intermittent air compression.
What is the difference between IC and Gravity coolers?
The gravity feed unit provides therapy by distributing water in and out of the knee wrap. Gravity feed coolers and IC units circulate the water evenly in the cryo cuff. The gravity feed cooler does not have air compression. The IC cooler creates intermittent air compression and uses temperature-controlled water to maintain a uniform temperature pumped through an insulated tubing set to the affected knee.
Are the older cryo cuffs compatible with the new version of Aircast Cryo Cuff Knee Cooler?
All Aircast coolers are compatible with current and previous versions of cryo cuffs.
How to measure my knee for knee wrap?
Measure 6 inches above and below your kneecap to get the correct size.
- Small / Petit -- 10"-19" (24-48cm) (For young kids)
- Med / Moyen -- 18"-23" (46-58cm) ( Fits Most Adults)
- Large / Grand -- 20"-31" (51-79cm) (For people who are over 6 feet tall and weigh around 180 Lbs)