A Cryo Cuff is a cold and a compression therapy that is used to releive pain and swelling in patients post therapy. This therapy is called Cryo therapy. A cryo cuff is basically a device that is wrapped around the body part that needs post-operative care be it knee, shoulder, hip, hand, wrist, ankle, elbow or rib. The device is filled with cold water. It basically has 4 parts namely a cuff, a cooler, an insulation disk and a tube.
Now apart from this basic information on what is cryo cuff and how it works, there are a lot of other questions that appear frequently in newsgroups and in the minds of the people who use this product or those who plan to use it. Some of these questions are listed below.
Q. Can the cuff be used on the skin directly?
- The cuff should NOT be used directly on the skin. Use of a small obstruction between the cuff and the skin is recommended.
Q. My dog chewed the cord of the unit, Can I purchase a new cord?
- Yes absolutely! You can simply buy the cord.
Q. My ankle cuff has gone bad however I still have the cooler and the tube. Is there anyway that I can purchase only the cuff?
- Yes, you can certainly buy the Aircast Cryo Cuff.
Q. Where should I buy the motorized or non-motorized Cryo Cuff units?
- Cryo cuffs are available for all body parts. Depending on the nature of your injury, you can select the correct cuff from the list below:
|Cryo Cuff Knee||$189.99||$171.70||Buy|
|Cryo Cuff Shoulder||$194.00||$171.00||Buy|
|Cryo Cuff Ankle/Foot/Thigh||$194.00||$171.99||Buy|
|Cryo Cuff Back/Hip||$194.00||$171.70||Buy|
|Cryo Cuff Hand/Elbow/Wrist||$171.70||Buy|
Q. I have surgery scheduled after 2 weeks. I am not sure what size to buy post operation (post-op). Can you suggest a size? My measurement is 18" above the patella.
- You should go for a Medium size.
Q. I have used my unit for only a week and today it refuses to turn on. What should I do now?
- If the unit is only a week old and it has stopped working, you can get it replaced. If it has been bought from us then you can send it back to us and we will replace it for you.
Q. For how long does the unit keeps water cold once filled?
- Water remains cold for 6 -8 hours.
Q. How should the knee cryo cuff be placed to get uninterrupted coldness?
- The cryo cuff should always be placed at the level of the knee or a little above the knee.
Q. Can I use the Aircast motorized cooler in my car as well?
- The unit cannot be plugged into the car however the power supply of the unit currently uses 120V at 60 Hz 18 watts as Input and 8.5V DC, 900 mA. Output is unregulated DC. Output voltage at nominal line voltage should be 7VDC at 1.6 amp.
Q. I have a collateral ligament sprain. Can I wear a cryocuff for recovering from it? Can it also be worn during my exrecise regime?
- Yes, cryo cuff is a very good option to recover from the Medial Collateral Ligament sprain. You can use it before and after the exercise but not while exercising.
Q. I have a swelling in the knee and I am going to purchase a Medium size cuff for myself. Will it get loose after the swelling reduces?
- No, it would not get loose.
Q. Please give me instructions on how to drain the cuff.
- Empty the cooler first and put it on the ground with the lid off.
- Squeeze the cuff to dran the water from the cuff to the cooler.
- Empty the cooler again.
- Repeat the process if required.
Q. There is an O shaped ring on my knee cryo cuff which is no longer sealing. Please I want a replacement for that ring. Can I buy one?
- The ring cannot be bought however, you can replace the cooler or the tube.
Q. Will I get cold therapy only at the front of my knee?
- The cryo cuff provides a total contact therapy. The complete cuff is filled with cold water and it provides cold therapy to the entire area.
Q. I just had a knee replacement operation and my knee is all swollen up and inflamed. Which knee cryocuff would you recommend?
- Both motorized Knee Cryo Cuff and Non Motorized Knee Cryo Cuff will work for you. In the Motorized version, the cold water is pumped into the cuff through a pump. The non motorized version uses gravity to pump water into the pump. Motorized version is much more convenient and easy to use.